Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

by Archie Macanas

 

Fortune tree bloomed on Mother's Day...

Rumors say that this plant seldom  blooms. Actually, it’s my first time to see one.  My wife said its her second time. Many of our guests were surprised and then came the talk about mythical or supernatural beings connected to it.  Sometimes this is only the way to start our non-stop conversation.
 
It reminds me of the scent of dama de noche or Sampaguita in front of the Edrada "La Sampaguita" residence that commenced  shortly before or after dusk, the aroma spreading throughout the whole neighborhood.. The same case with our fortune plant.  My wife ( my model in the above photo ) don’t want to bring it out. She wanted it inside the house so the luck will stay. I don’t know if that’s true, but anyway   luck comes to whoever  believes in  it
 
A flowers for mothers day? That flower of fortune plant is enough so I did not spend any for flowers for my wife. But my two kids surprised her when we arrived home after I visited my mom "round trip" from San Diego. They prepared things to surprise us especially their mom. There was   cake, wine,  balloons and flowers by my son ( from his own expenses as a  part time waiter ) while he is in college. I told my wife that this is her first time to have a conventional mother’s day. She waited until our son turned 18.
My son Beian edited a video for his mom receiving a surprise gift from the mother’s day and published into "my space.com" website.
Just in case if the link doesn’t work by clicking just follow the instruction. Please highlight the address below then click the right button of your mouse then click copy, afterward go to your browser address then click your mouse until the cursor appear then click left button then click paste then click the go button or enter. "Voila!"
 
 
After viewing you can click more videos to be viewed ( like the "milk and cereal" )  a very funny video.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As much as I would like to believe in the myth I cannot.  Our so called fortune plants in the office bear its flowers every year.